- This event has passed.
USGBC: Hard Hat Tour UCCS Ent Center for the Arts
October 5 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The $70 million project is pursuing LEED v2009 Gold certification and is expected to be completed by January 2018. This 80,000-square-foot building is a state-of-the-art facility hub for the Department of Visual and Performing Arts as well as a synergistic and innovative collaboration involving the university, the VAPA department, community arts partners and local school districts. The project has a goal of 30 percent energy savings and will also pursue an innovation credit for acoustics. Learn more.
The new Ent Center for the Arts will house:
- A 774-seat theater / concert hall
- A 245-seat Chapman Foundations recital hall
- The Gallery of Contemporary Art (GOCA)
- The Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater (THEATREWORKS)
- The VAPA Interdisciplinary Arts Lab
- The Osborne Theater
- Recording studio & audio laboratory
- Rehearsal, instructional and office spaces for Music, Theatre & Dance
Additional details — Attendees must wear appropriate construction site apparel – closed toed shoes, pants, long sleeves, etc. Meeting location is outside the building on the northeast corner.