- This event has passed.
Data Driven Sustainability
August 12, 2020 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm
Attend this session to learn how to launch an effective digital sustainability strategy by leveraging technology and mining valuable data. Presenters with diverse backgrounds will illuminate where data can be found, how it can be processed, and finally how it can be woven into a story to sway decision makers.
Data has become an essential part of everyday life and has become one of the most valuable resources for governments, corporations and employees alike. The Internet of Things (IoT) and a growing ecosystem of connected devices allows us to measure energy, waste, indoor air quality, occupancy, space utilization, occupant satisfaction and more in real-time. However, the wa we collect, interpret and apply insights gained from data is still up to us. When combined, connected and sustainable buildings are more resilient, healthier for occupants and better for the environment.
Case studies will be presented on how data is being used to advance sustainability initiatives at various phases of a building’s lifecycle. The lecture will also demonstrate how organizations and practitioners can leverage the Arc Platform to earn performance-based certifications and create ongoing engagement.
This event has been submitted for 1 GBCI CE hour and qualifies for 1 AIA learning unit.
- Learn how to launch an effective digital sustainability strategy by leveraging technology and mining valuable data.
- Understand how incremental tech investments can propel your sustainability initiatives forward with more relevant tenant engagement programs.
- Explore how organizations like USGBC, GBCI and GRESB are partnering with technology companies to enhance data quality and improve sustainability reporting.
- Understand how technology can help measure and reach data-driven sustainability goals.
- Patti Mason, LEED AP / Vice President of Operations, Switch Automation
- Max Krueger, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP / Sustainability Specialist, Hord Coplan Macht
- This event has been submitted for 1 GBCI CE hour and qualifies for 1 AIA learning unit.