- This event has passed.
ULI: What’s the Prognosis? Discussing the future of the former Boulder Community Hospital site
September 26 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join ULI Colorado in Boulder for this timely event on the redevelopment of the Boulder Community Hospital site at Alpine and Balsam. The City of Boulder is currently creating an area plan to envision future development of and new uses on the 8.8 acre site, which it purchased in 2015. The properties include the entire hospital campus at 1100 Balsam Ave. (the corner of Balsam Avenue and Broadway), as well as two properties on Alpine Ave. and two small properties on North Street.
During the event, Jim Robertson, Director of Planning, Housing and Sustainability for the City of Boulder, will explain where the city is in the process of planning for redevelopment on the site and what those plans currently include. A panel of ULI members will then respond to the site plans, providing best practices from similar experiences related to public-private partnerships, hospital site redevelopment, housing, and community engagement, as well as offering feedback on the highest and best uses for the site. The audience will have the opportunity to engage in discussion with the speakers about the future of this area in Boulder.
Please join us for a happy hour and networking following the panel session!
- Jim Robertson, Director of Planning, Housing and Sustainability, City of Boulder
- Mark Tompkins, Principal, Strae Advisory Services
- Doug Elenowitz, Principal, Trailbreak Partners
- Shannon Cox Baker, Vice President of Development, Urban Ventures
- 5 – 5:20 pm: Registration and networking
- 5:20 – 5:30 pm: Welcome from ULI Colorado
- 5:30 – 6 pm: Overview of the site plans and city process by Jim Robertson
- 6 – 7 pm: Panel session and audience Q&A
- 7 – 8 pm: Happy hour and networking
- Members: Free!
- Non-members: $15
Limited free parking is available in the Museum’s parking lot off of Pine Street. A paid parking garage is also available at 11th and Spruce, one block away.