Amazon Industrial Warehouse Transactions in 2022 Among Largest on Record
B+E, a modern investment brokerage firm specializing in net lease real estate and 1031 exchanges, has released its Net Lease Industrial Report on Amazon.
- Amazon industrial warehouse transactions in the first half of 2022 have included some of the largest trades on record.
- Amazon increased its number of U.S. fulfillment centers by 30% in 2021. This year the company has signaled it is slowing down this growth for 2022, as its industrial footprint approaches a staggering +/- 400M square feet.
- Despite Amazon’s surplus of space and retraction from new construction projects, tenant demand for industrial assets continues to be very high and competition for the existing supply is pushing lease rates and asset prices upwards, especially in proximity to major markets.
- Number of sold properties ± 40
- Average price ± $108,995,297
- Highest price ± $330,000,000
- Lowest price ± $17,350,000
- Average cap rate ± 3.65%
- Average square footage ± 490,670 SF
CLICK HERE to download the complete report