Costco to Anchor New Retail Center in Northeast Denver
Denver-based Goldberg Properties and New York City-based C.P. Bedrock LLC (owner of the Denver Connection) are proposing a 32-acre, 223,000-square-foot retail town center called Flyway, within the Gateway-Green Valley Ranch neighborhood. Costco is set to anchor the retail project, offering high quality groceries alongside general merchandise and clothing.
According to the project website, the vision of the project is to create a full-service retail center that will generate good jobs as well as much needed goods and services to the community. The architectural influences will be contemporary, while providing a sense of permanence and sustainability.
The Costco store would account for 148,000 square feet of the site. Developers will also seek to bring an appropriate mix of regional and national retailers and dining establishments that satisfy the demands of the neighborhood residents.
The Flyway is located just west of Peña Boulevard at the intersection of Memphis Street and Green Valley Ranch Boulevard— located south and west of the Montbello and Parkfield subareas of Denver’s Far Northeast Area.
The proposed project is planned to be comprised of:
- Anchored by an approximate 148,000 SF full-service large format retailer.
- Up to 75,000 SF of town center and ancillary retail/restaurant services.
- Commercial retail/restaurant outparcels with or without drive-thrus.
- Town center plaza/gathering place.
- No structure to be taller than 3 stories, preserving views of the mountains from Peña Boulevard.
- Signalized full movement access at Airport Road and Green Valley Ranch Boulevard
- Limited access points off Memphis Street.
The Flyway will open in Fall of 2021 or Spring 2022.