CSU to Begin Negotiations with Developers After Hughes Stadium Land Sale
FORT COLLINS – Colorado State University’s (CSU) governing board voted Friday to approve the sale of the land where Hughes Stadium previously sat. The CSU Research Foundation is in charge of the sale and development of the land.
CSU published objectives and principles for the property including:
- Serving the collective interests of CSU, Larimer County and the city of Fort Collins.
- Opportunities for open space and environmentally conscious development, public access to adjacent trails and open spaces, strong connections to existing off-site trail systems, bike trails and transit systems.
- Opportunities for providing affordable, attainable and workforce housing
- Active and effective collaboration from the surrounding communities.
- Broader community needs, such as neighborhood retail and senior and child-care services.
- Community facilities such as libraries, parks and recreation.
Read the original story here.
For more information on the Hughes Redevelopment, click here.