Cushman & Wakefield is leading the development of best practices, products and partnerships to prepare clients for post-COVID-19 recovery and the eventual return to the workplace. The brokerage firm recently released Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening your Workplace, a comprehensive guide for real estate tenants and landlords on reopening workplaces as stay-at-home restrictions are lifted. This follows the creation of the firm’s Recovery Readiness Task Force (RRTF) and the launch of its new social distancing product Six Feet Office.
The guide outlines “The Safe Six” workplace readiness essentials:
- Prepare the Building – implement cleaning plans, pre-return inspections, and HVAC and mechanical checks
- Prepare the Workforce – create policies for deciding who returns, shift/schedule management and employee communications
- Control Access – enforce protocols for safety and health checks, building reception, shipping/receiving, elevators and visitor policies
- Create a Social Distancing Plan – follow guidelines for decreasing density, schedule management and office traffic patterns
- Reduce Touch Points & Increase Cleaning – implement open doors, clean-desk policy, food plans and regular cleaning of common areas
- Communicate for Confidence – recognize the fear employees may feel in returning, communicate transparently and listen/survey regularly