One sector of Denver’s commercial real estate had a busy year in 2022 as spending on self storage space surged to $100 million.
That’s according to StorageCafe’s most recent industry sales report which examines the state of the sales market and seeks to identify the top self storage markets based on investment volume in 2022.
Denver’s self storage transaction activity:
- The Denver market ranked eighth for the volume of sales traded last year. Deal activity in the self storage sector was twice higher than in 2021.
- The median sales price per square foot for self storage property was $142 in 2022.
- Overall, 11 facilities changed hands in Miami, comprising nearly 703,000 square feet of storage.
- Street rates in the area have seen a 3% year-over-year decrease, and are now standing at $134/month for a non-climate-controlled 10’x10′ unit, above the national average of $127.
- Nationally, the total self storage sales volume surpassed $10 billion in 2022. Colorado state comes in seventh with transactions of $389M for over 3.2M square feet purchased in 43 deals.
To read the full report, CLICK HERE.