DTC Office Tower Undergoes $8.2M Renovation
Buchanan Street Partners, a real estate investment management firm, has announced the $8.2 million renovation of the office tower at 5613 DTC Parkway. Much of the renovation work has been completed and some outside elements are wrapping up. The 224,000-square-foot, 12-story building has also been renamed Axis Tower @ DTC.
The property was originally built in 1984 and was purchased by Buchanan Street Partners at the end of 2016. It is currently 84 percent leased to a variety of businesses, and will provide much needed modern, upgraded space to companies seeking a location in the Denver Tech Center.
“We’re looking forward to re-introducing this significant office building to the market and provide tenants with the technology and amenities that are critical to today’s work environment,” said Mark Oddo, senior vice president for Buchanan Street Partners. “The building is located adjacent to the Orchard light rail station and enjoys excellent access and visibility to I-25, as well as one of Denver’s premier executive neighborhoods, numerous hotels, restaurants and shops. Axis Tower @ DTC will provide business owners with a competitive edge in terms of modern workspace, and a superior location, so crucial in this hyper-competitive employment market.”
John Marold, Mitch Bradley and Lindsay Gilbert of CBRE are the leasing agents for the building. Waring Associates is the architectural and interior design firm handling the renovation and Centerre Construction is the general contractor.
Some of the renovation work includes:
- Revised main entry-point into the property
- Completely updated main building lobby
- Renovated open stairway into the lower tenant amenity space
- A new tenant lounge area with open and private seating areas offered free of charge to all tenants; also available for tenant’s private use after hours for tenant functions/parties.
- A new tenant café area with self-service, fresh deli items, free bean-to-cup coffee for tenants and their guests and hot lunch selections available in the café and/or through a rotating food truck program.
- Completely new and expanded fitness center with state-of-the-art fitness equipment (Peloton bikes, Life Fitness cardio equipment, free weights, etc.) and attached private shower/locker room area
- Renovated and relocated second building conference/training room with seating for 30 people; auditorium-style building conference facility also available with seating for 50 people.
- Fully renovated restrooms on all multi-tenant floors
- Newly appointed multi-tenant common-area corridors and tenant elevator lobbies
- Secured bike storage area within the garage with bike tools, lockers and bike repair kits
- Full modernization of all passenger elevators to be completed in 2020 including the Otis Compass destination dispatch management system
- Full modernization of all garage elevators to be completed by 2020
- More than $8 million to be spent on building renovations and building mechanical systems.
Photos courtesy Buchanan Street Partners