Event Round-Up: Denver Multifamily & Mixed Use Forum
By: Julie Wanzer, LEED AP
Denver, CO – Bisnow hosted its annual Denver Multifamily & Mixed Use Forum at the Four Seasons yesterday morning. The Grand Ballroom housed a mixed crowd of 200+ attendees including developers, property managers, brokers, bankers, contractors, architects, engineers, business developers and marketers.
Key Trends in Multifamily Amenities:
- Dog parks – creating pet friendly atmosphere
- Rooftop Decks for entertaining
- Storage spaces for bikes and skis
- Pools with cabanas and water features to be rented out for parties with BBQs
- Urban gardens – community garden where tenants can grow their own
- Electric charging stations
Bryan Green, Founder & CEO of Fitness Design Group, mentioned that they are enhancing the fitness facilities for the user groups who are not going to the gym and paying a membership. By paying more in rent, tenants are eliminating the cost of a gym membership.
Other trends included the size of units available to cater to certain demographics. The millennials are shifting towards micro-units for downtown with less of a need for parking with Uber, Lyft and RTD lightrail access. Empty nesters are seeking larger apartments up to 1,400 SF in more urban areas, with these facilities featuring fewer units per building.