Historic Evans School to be Redeveloped
NAI Shames Makovsky announced this week the two-part sale of the long-dormant Evans School located at 1115 Acoma Street, Denver, consisting of a three-story, 46,467-square-foot historic school building and a 30,000-square-foot parking lot. Lennar Multifamily Communities, LLC purchased the school and the parking lot for $18 million.
Following that sale, NAI Shames Makovsky also announced that another buyer, Evans Partners, LLC, then purchased the school building from Lennar for $11 million.
According to the Denver Post, the developer City Street Investors, is teaming up with father-son team Jerry and Fred Glick from Denver’s Columbia Group to redevelop the school building that is licensed to operate as office space. Columbia Group is affiliated with Urban Ventures LLC and is focused on the renovation and adaptive reuse of buildings and sites in LoDo.
Named after Colorado’s second territorial governor, John Evans, the Evans School served elementary aged students for 69 years, briefly containing junior high classes in 1917. Architect David Dryden designed the Evans School as a “point of beauty, utility, accommodations and appointments”. As in 1904, the building embraces historical function and architectural charm with modern day office features and systems.
Photo courtesy of Evans School Denver