Ideas for a Growing City: Women in Design Hosts 11th Annual 8X8 Event
Denver, CO – Women in Design (WiD), a Denver-based non-profit dedicated to improving opportunities for women in professions serving the built environment, today announced its annual 8×8 event will be held April 21st at Industry, 3001 East Brighton Boulevard, in Denver.
The lineup includes the following speakers:
- Meg Froelich, candidate for Colorado House District 3 and one of the producers of “Strong Sisters, Elected Women in Colorado,” a documentary about women’s roles in politics in Colorado;
- Evelyn Baker, Denver’s deputy director of community planning and development;
- Deana Swetlik, owner and founder of Entelechy, an urban design based development services consulting firm;
- Diana Hall, an expert on 3D design and printing, who holds a patent on a hygienic, waterproof, breathable 3D-printed splint;
- Cynthia Fishman, an architect at KTGY specializing in ecological design and biomimicry;
- Danika Gilbert, an outdoor guide in Colorado for the past 20 years, who recently led 13 young Afghan women on an empowering climbing expedition in Afghanistan;
- Amy Beatie, an attorney and the first ever environmental representative on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Water Congress, and a member of the Advisory Council of the One World One Water Center;
- Anna Newell Jones, a blogger and author of “The Spender’s Guide to Debt-Free Living. How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get From Broke to Badass in Record Time.”
“As Denver continues to thrive, the city is evolving into something new. Within this rapid growth, we have the opportunity to help define the future of our city. The 8×8 is a great opportunity to learn about influential leaders, technologies, policies, and strategies that are shaping that future, eight minutes at a time,” said Geneva Kowalski, executive chair of WiD. “This is one of our most popular and most energetic events, so you’ll want to get your tickets early,” she added.
Speakers will take the stage beginning at 6:45 p.m, with doors opening for networking at 5:30. Tickets to the Women In Design 8 x 8 event are available at widdenver.org. Ticket prices are $10 for WiD members and $20 for non-members.
Photo credit: Women in Design flyer