New Food Hall Featuring Award-Winning Chef Opens in Arvada
Further solidifying Metro Denver’s love affair with food halls, Freedom Street Social, a new 12,000-square-foot food hall, is now open at 15177 Candelas Parkway in Arvada. The new food-centric community gathering place is the brainchild of Nick and Amie Costanzo along with partners Cameron Cummins, Jeff Kaplan and Jon Morgan. Visitors can expect an eclectic mix of delicious flavors, along with handcrafted cocktails and Colorado craft beers and a robust schedule of free activations.
Freedom Street Social consists of a diverse mix of nine different concepts – including top national brands like Giordano’s famous Chicago stuffed pizza and new local concepts like Osito, a fast-casual version of Mister Oso by Denver Chef Blake Edmunds and the award-winning Culinary Creative Group.
Freedom Street Social is also home to The Chef Kitchen, a unique new culinary residency program designed to give chefs complete creative freedom to test new concepts and host incredible events in a dedicated space. The first resident chef at Freedom Street Social will be Chef Tracy Rogers of Charlotte, North Carolina. Available for the entire month of August, the first pop-up eatery will dish out New Age Southern food, with Chef Rogers drawing inspiration from fresh Colorado produce and ingredients.
Concepts now open at Freedom Street Social include:
- Sushi Kuro – Delectable sushi, including California Rolls, sumptuous Tempura Rolls and King Crab Rolls by Chef Taylor West of GetFed Concepts.
- The BKFST Club – Wake up with Chef Tajahi Cooke to enjoy an array of farm-to-table breakfast items that highlight Colorado’s local harvest – from kid-friendly to more refined items, Chef Tajahi covers it all.
- Lea Jane’s Hot Chicken – Inspired by fond childhood memories of a family cross-country road trip, Lea Jane’s menu is reminiscent of sunny afternoon roadside picnics filled with love, laughter & tasty fried chicken.
- Johnny Good Burger – A delicious slice of Colorado hamburger heaven with hand-cut fries.
- Osito – It’s Taco Tuesday every day at this fast-casual version of Denver’s celebrated Mister Oso! Enjoy an array of smoked meat tacos, mission-style burritos, and snacks like empanadas, Frito pie, queso, and more – plus rotating frozen margaritas.
- Giordano’s Pizza – Teaming up with local pizza partners to bring you Giordano’s Famous Stuffed Pizza, which has been serving its world-famous Chicago-style pizza since 1974.
- Balance Pan-Asian Grille – A nationally recognized Asian-inspired fast casual serving snacks, build-a-bowls, Asian tacos and hand-made tea-based drinks. Balance serves its menu with all whole ingredients prepared fresh daily, down to its signature sauces.
- Bubble Tea – Hand-made Bubble Tea drinks, inspired by “Boba”, feature Instagramable creations made with natural ingredients such as organic dairy, oat milk, honey, fruit-infused bubbles and loose leaf teas.
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice – After 26 years of scooping up flavorful experiences, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice is bringing their frozen force to Denver. Serving more than 40 refreshing flavors of authentic Italian Ice, creamy Soft Ice Cream, and Jeremiah’s Gelati – the perfect layering of Ice, Soft Ice Cream, and indulgent Layer-Ins – you’re sure to find the perfect flavor combo.
- Pressed Coffee & Vinyl – A coffee shop designed to be a place where people come together to discuss books, art, and music.
Chef Tajahi Cooke was recently named a 2022 Denver Rising Star by StarChefs, the top restaurant industry magazine.
Freedom Street Social’s modern bar features more than a dozen Colorado craft beers, which will rotate seasonally, along with handcrafted cocktails and an extensive wine list created by Nicole Lebedevitch, the beverage director & partner at Forget Me Not, and Michael McGill, beverage director for The Culinary Creative Group.
Freedom Street Social will offer a robust schedule of community activations – including live music, fitness classes and family events.
“We are beyond excited to finally be open and serving delicious food and drinks to our neighbors and friends,” said Freedom Street Social Partner Nick Costanza. “The entire team at Freedom Street Social is passionate about creating an inclusive place where our community can gather, grab a bite or a drink with friends and celebrate the special moments.”