Renovations Complete at Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center
DENVER – The Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) was under construction in a variety of different areas throughout the buildings and exterior for most of 2017. The updates, nearly all of which are now complete, help ensure the JCC Denver is an inclusive place for everyone in the community for generations to come. With the renovations, the JCC Denver offers a best-in-class guest and member experience.
“We have been working hard over the last 12 months to update our main campus and some of our other facilities, including Ranch Camp and the Tennis Center, in a variety of areas that needed some attention,” said Lara Knuettel, CEO of the JCC Denver. “We are appreciative of our members and the community who has been patient with us as we made these much-needed updates. These renovations help ensure that our buildings are safe for the community, and provide a better experience for members and their guests. While there is always more to do, we are thrilled with the updates and hope the community is, too.”
Updates completed at the facility are numerous and include:
- Creating an entirely new Early Childhood Center wing, which created five new classrooms, and updating the existing wing with new paint, fixtures, and lighting, among others. One of the existing playgrounds also received new landscaping.
- Remodeling several areas of the Fitness & Wellness Center including renovating the men’s and women’s locker rooms, creating a new childcare drop-off center with access to an outdoor space, adding massage rooms to enhance wellness offerings, purchasing new state-of-the-art-cardio equipment, creating a new group cycling room and updating the HVAC system and ventilation, among others.
- Opening up the lobby including removing pillars, updating the HVAC system, adding sliding doors to the entrance, enhancing security, adding energy efficient lighting and new artwork, among others.
- Redoing the parking lots to make parking spaces larger and to offer more spaces.
- Updating the exterior of the building including painting, adding new signage and new landscaping.
- Adding new artwork, paint and carpet in different areas of the building.
- Adding new back drops, ceiling and LED lighting at the Tennis Center
- Updating the JCC’s Ranch Camp in Elbert, CO by adding two new turf activity fields, updating the dining hall and adding new landscaping, adding new paint in the cabins and new roofs on many of the buildings, among others.
Images courtesy of JCC Denver.