City Planners to Roll Out Ideas for Land Use and Mobility in Denver Neighborhoods
DENVER — City planners are rolling out Denveright; a community-driven planning process that challenges the community to shape how we want to evolve in four key areas: land use, mobility, parks, and recreational resources. 11 Blueprint Denver workshops are currently underway to educate Denverites about the potential strategies for land use and transportation in neighborhoods citywide.
The new concept acknowledges that all places in our city are constantly evolving in pursuit of becoming complete in their own way — not just through enabling or limiting development, but through quality-of-life infrastructure like safe sidewalks, housing options, transit access, parks and open space. Diversity, affordability and good urban design/architecture are key to complete neighborhoods as well.
Denver will continue to grow and change. Regional centers and corridors would take on the most growth, while the remainder of Denver’s places would evolve in smaller ways. Ensuring the proper scale and intensity for all places — and appropriate transitions between residential areas and other places — are key to livability.
Attend one of several Blueprint Denver workshops in February and March to learn more about potential strategies for land use and transportation in your neighborhood and citywide.
Upcoming Blueprint Denver Workshops
- Feb. 22, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Potenza Lodge Hall, 1900 W. 38th Ave., Denver (Council district 1)
- Feb. 22, 6 – 8 p.m., District 3 Police Station, 1625 S. University Blvd. (Council district 6)
- Feb. 27, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Corky Gonzales Library, 1498 Irving St., Denver (Council district 3)
- Mar. 1, 6 – 8 p.m., All Saints Parish Hall, 2559 S. Federal Blvd., Denver (Council district 2)
- Mar. 6, 5:30 – 7:30, Community of Christ Church, 480 N. Marion St., Denver (Council district 10)
- Mar. 7, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Evie Garrett Dennis Campus, 4800 Telluride St., Denver (Council district 11)
- Mar. 8, 6 – 8 p.m., Valverde Elementary, 2030 W. Alameda Ave., Denver (Council district 7) SPANISH-LED
- Mar. 14, 6 – 8 p.m., DSST Byers School, 150 S. Pearl St., Denver (Council district 7) – No Spanish interpretation
- Mar. 15, 5:30 – 7 p.m., DSST Stapleton High School, 2000 Valentia St., Denver (Council district 8)
Image courtesy of City and County of Denver.