128-Room Residence Inn Planned for Hotel-Ready Site in Arvada
Raymond Management Company (RMC), a premiere hospitality development and management company out of Madison, Wisconsin, has purchased a 2.09-acre hotel pad site in Olde Town Arvada at the southeast corner of Vance Street at 56th Avenue, from Trammell Crow Company (TCC). The site is development-ready including all grading, draining, utilities and landscaping necessary to begin vertical construction. RMC plans to build a 128-room Residence Inn by Marriott that will break ground in Fall 2022.
This development completes the planned retail and amenity portion of the transit-oriented development that TCC is building just south of Olde Town Arvada and the Olde Town Transit Hub serving the RTD Gold Line to Olde Town.
• In 2014, TCC was selected by the City of Arvada, Arvada Urban Renewal Authority (AURA) and the Regional Transportation District (RTD) to develop the Olde Town Transit Hub, providing the parking garage, bus transfer and light rail station to
service the community.
• Upon the opening of the Transit Hub and RTD Gold Line in 2019, the two sites totaling eight acres at 56th and Wadsworth, the former RTD Park-n-Ride location, were vacated and ready for development.
• In October 2021, High Street Residential, TCC’s multifamily subsidiary, broke ground on The Residences at Olde Town Station, a 252-unit, four-story apartment project on the northwest corner of 56th Avenue & Wadsworth Bypass.
• In January 2022, TCC began construction on The Shops at Olde Town Station at the southwest corner of 56th & Wadsworth. This 15,000-square-foot retail strip center is already fully leased to Snooze, an A.M. eatery; Smashburger; CAVA Mediterranean café; Everbowl acai bowls; and Parry’s Pizzeria and Taphouse.
• The Shops will open in Spring 2023. The Residences project and the Residence Inn by Marriott will open by Spring 2024.
“We are thrilled to be under construction with the residential, retail and restaurant mix to complement the unique restaurants, shops and amenities of historic Olde Town,” said Bill Mosher, senior managing director of Trammell Crow Company’s Denver Business Unit. “We are excited to work with Raymond Management in the development of this key location in Arvada and appreciate the support and cooperation from the City of Arvada, AURA and neighbors and business owners to make this mixed-use project come to fruition.”