Colorado Architects Receive Top Regional Design and Honor Awards
DENVER — The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Western Mountain Region recognized the design achievements of Colorado architects during the 2017 AIA Western Mountain Region Design and Honor Awards Gala in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, Oct. 14.
Each year, the Western Mountain Region Design and Honor Awards programs honor members’ long-standing volunteer commitments to AIA and the community at-large, and the well-designed spaces that impact the region and beyond. Awards are given to regional members and their firms from the AIA State Components of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
The 2017 AIA Western Mountain Region Design Award winners in Colorado include:
- The Aerie by WORKSHOP8 (Boulder, CO) – Merit Award for Built Architecture
- Rio Grande Park Restrooms by Charles Cunniffe Architects (Aspen, CO) – Merit Award for Built Architecture
- Manati Prima Zona Total Health Project by TreanorHL (Denver) – Honor Award for Built Architecture
- The Stanley Marketplace by WORKSHOP8 (Boulder, CO) – Honor Award for Built Architecture
The 2017 AIA Western Mountain Region Honor Award winners in Colorado include:
- The Silver Medal – Jeffrey Sheppard, AIA of Roth Sheppard Architects (Denver)
- Architectural Firm of the Year Award – CCY Architects (Basalt, CO)
Rendering of The Stanley Marketplace and collage of photos from The Aerie, courtesy of WORKSHOP8.