Themed “Zoom Out, The Power of Perspective,” the summit brought together the world’s leading experts and thought leaders in the corporate real estate profession, including many Fortune 500 companies.
CoreNet Global announced the following awards at the summit:
- Peter Van Emburgh, MCR Senior Vice President, Global Head of Real Estate, CBRE was named the Corporate Real Estate Executive of the Year by CoreNet Global. Van Emburgh, based outside of Washington, DC, is a member of the organization’s Mid-Atlantic Chapter.
- Kristof Adam, MCR, Head of Portfolio Management ThyssenKrupp Services GmbH in Germany and a member of the Central Europe Chapter of CoreNet Global, was named the 2023 H. Gordon Wyllie, MCR, Young Leader of the Year
- DBS Bank won the organization’s prestigious H. Bruce Russell Global Innovator’s Award (GIA), which is sponsored by Gensler. DBS’s Newton Green branch is the first net-zero building by a bank in Singapore.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston won the CoreNet Global Academic Challenge, which is sponsored by KI Furniture. This year’s competition asked the teams to address the changing nature of work and its impact on the function of corporate real estate and the corporate real estate portfolio.
Dozens of educational sessions kept attendees current on topics such as artificial intelligence, workplace, technology, and diversity. More than 61% of the speakers were women or people of color, and there were attendees from 23 countries.
Keynote addresses were given by:
- Author Peter Sheahan, who is one of the top business speakers and authors globally, led his own companies by accelerating the growth and transformation for clients that include: Apple; Chick-fil-A; DeBeers; and AT&T.
- Stand-up Comic and Educator Jessica Pettitt. Having traveled and lived in a variety of communities and environments all over the world, Pettitt uses her take on life to lead participants through a safe but confrontational process of examination, self-reflection, and open dialog that is as challenging as it is rewarding.
CoreNet Global is a non-profit association, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia (US), representing more than 10,000 members in 50 countries with strategic responsibility for the real estate assets of large corporations. The organization’s mission is to advance the practice of corporate real estate through professional development opportunities, publications, research, conferences, designations, and networking in 46 local chapters and networking groups globally.