David R. Olson of PCD Engineering Services 1 of 22 ASHRAE Members Elevated to Fellow
Fifty-five people were recognized for their contributions to ASHRAE and the industry at the Society’s 2017 Winter Conference which is taking place, Jan. 28-Feb. 1, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes members who have attained distinction and made substantial contributions in HVAC&R such as education, research, engineering design and consultation, publications and mentoring. The Society elevated 22 members to the grade of Fellow, including David R. Olson, P.E., vice president, PCD Engineering Services Inc., in Longmont, Colorado.
- Charles S. Barnaby, Life Member, BEMP, a building software developer, Moultonborough, N.H.
- Charlene Warres Bayer, Ph.D., chairman and chief science officer, Hygieia Sciences LLC., Atlanta, Ga.
- Michel Bernier, Ph.D., P.E., a professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnique Montreal, Quebec.
- James J. Bushnell, Life Member, owner, HVAC Consulting Services, Solana Beach, Calif.
- Thomas D. Colvin, P.E., Life Member, senior consultant, Colvin Engineering Associates Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah.
- John F. Dunlap, P.E., BEAP, BEMP, CPMP, HBDP, HFDP, president, Dunlap & Partners Engineers, Richmond, Va.
- Steven J. Emmerich, group leader, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Group, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Md.
- Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D., principal engineer, Generative Design Group, Autodesk, Inc., San Francisco, Calif.
- John L. Harrod, P.E., Life Member, HFDP, Edmond, Okla.
- Eliseo Huergo, Ing., Life Member, president, Termair S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Julia Keen, Ph.D., P.E., BEAP, HBDP, professor, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Thomas M. Lawrence, Ph.D., P.E., coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Program, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Zoltan Magyar, Ph.D., head of the Department of Building Energetics and Building Service Engineering, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary.
- David R. Olson, P.E., vice president, PCD Engineering Services Inc., Longmont, Colo.
- Richard L. Pavlak, P.E. president, Heapy Engineering, Dayton, Ohio.
- Michael Rosenberg, senior research scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash.
- Timothy A. Shedd, Ph.D., CEO and CTO, Ebullient Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Carey J. Simonson, Ph.D., P.E., professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Robert L. Towell, P.E., commissioning program manager and vice president, CxE Group LLC., Edwardsville, Ill.
- Phillip M. Trafton, Life Member, principal, Donald F. Dickerson Associates, Tarzana, Calif.
- R. Vijayakumar, Ph.D., consultant in chief/founder, Aerfil LLC., Liverpool, N.Y.
- Fu-Jen Wang, Ph.D., P.E., professor, Department of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Energy Engineering, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taichung City, Taiwan.
A complete list of other awards and achievements of ASHRAE members recognized at the Winter Conference can be found here.
Photo credit: LinkedIn