ACEC Colorado Announces 2019 Engineering Excellence Award Winners
DENVER — The American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado (ACEC Colorado) recently recognized 25 Colorado consulting engineering firms and their projects for innovation at the 2019 Engineering Excellence Awards (EEA) Luncheon, held Nov. 5 at the Warwick Denver Hotel and attended by 175 guests.
The Grand Conceptor Award, presented for the overall best engineering project, was awarded to Muller Engineering Company for the Linking Lookout project at US 6 and 19th Street Interchange in Golden.
The competition’s next highest honor, the Excellence Awards, were presented to:
- BranchPattern for Meadowlark Pre-Kindergarten to Eighth Grade School (Erie, Colo.),
- Felsburg Holt & Ullevig for State Highway 9 Iron Springs (Frisco, Colo.),
- HDR for I-70 Mountain Corridor Express Lane (Idaho Springs, Colo.),
- Jacobs Engineering Group for US 34 Big Thompson Canyon Permanent Repair (Loveland, Colo.),
- Martin/Martin for 1144 Fifteenth (Denver),
- Martin/Martin for Canvas Stadium at Colorado State University (Fort Collins),
- Muller Engineering Company for Westminster, Colo., Station Park,
- Providence Infrastructure Consultants for Wastewater Treatment Plant Headworks and Clarifier Project (Northglenn, Colo.),
- Wilson & Company for I-25/Cimarron Interchange Design-build: Gateway Project (Colorado Springs, Colo.).
Next, Honor Awards were presented to these consulting engineering firms:
- Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company for Spurgeon Water Treatment Plant Chlorine Conversion (Niwot, Colo.),
- Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company Water, Infrastructure & Supply Efficiency (WISE) Local Infrastructure (Castle Rock, Colo.),
- David Evans and Associates for the I-25/Arapahoe Road Interchange Reconstruction (Greenwood Village, Colo.),
- Farnsworth Group for Combined Interceptor Sewer (Fort Collins, Colo.),
- HDR for Conduit Number 18 Replacement (Denver),
- Jacobs Engineering Group for Grand Avenue Bridge (Grand Junction, Colo.),
- MKK Consulting Engineers for Kirkland Museum (Denver),
- Providence Infrastructure Consultants for 60-inch Bellvue Water Transmission Pipeline (Greeley, Colo.),and
- Ulteig Engineers for State Highway 340: Redlands Parkway Roundabout Construction & Phasing (Grand Junction, Colo.).
Merit Awards were presented to:
- David Evans and Associates for Colorado 62 & Downtown Ridgway Enhancements (Ridgway, Colo.),
- Felsburg Holt & Ullevig for Commerce City 112th & Second Creek (Commerce City, Colo.),
- Olsson (formerly Olsson Associates) for Louisville, Colo., Drainageway A-2,
- Summit Engineering Services for Altamont Expansion Project (Altamont, Colo.),
- Summit Engineering Services for Hacksaw Oil Terminal (Tilden, Texas), and
- WSP USA for Denver International Airport Concourse A Water Service.
Muller Engineering Company also received the 2019 Outstanding Graphics Award for its project board design for Westminster, Colo., Station Park.