Lakehouse Earns WELL Precertification at the Gold Level
NAVA Real Estate Development (NAVA), a Colorado-based development and investment company focused on projects that create economic and social value, today announced Lakehouse has become the first multifamily project in Colorado to earn WELL Precertification under the WELL Building Standard™. The WELL Building Standard is an internationally-recognized performance-based program that integrates human health and wellness best practices into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of the built environment in order to optimize the resident experience.
Lakehouse was awarded WELL Precertification at the Gold Level by the International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) for its commitment to measurably demonstrating its works towards promoting residents’ health across the WELL program’s seven key performance areas: air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
The 12-story, 196-unit mixed-use condominium and rowhome community overlooking Sloan’s Lake Park welcomed its first residents in March 2020.
“Our design team was challenged to reinvent the modern concept of the lakehouse, applying new thinking and the latest research, with a specific focus on how architecture, engineering, design and amenities can better support resident health and wellness,“ said Brian Levitt, President and Co-Founder of NAVA Real Estate Development. “The air we breathe and the materials in our homes can all have a profound impact on our mental and physical health, so it was important to consider the ways that Lakehouse’s infrastructure, systems and ongoing operations would equip residents to make healthy choices. We are thrilled to receive this recognition from the International WELL Building Institute and are grateful to our partners for their support on this pioneering project.”
Located on the former site of St. Anthony Hospital at 4200 West 17th Avenue less than three miles from Downtown Denver, Lakehouse blends unique architecture, modern comfort and sustainable design features with extensive wellness-focused amenities. In addition to MERV-13 building air filtration, the use of natural and durable building materials and floor-to-ceiling windows that maximize natural daylight, Lakehouse residents have access to:
- A full-time Wellness Concierge to elevate the resident experience through community events, connection to wellness experts and personalized assistance with everyday needs;
- A state-of-the-art Wellness Center with a fitness lab, dry sauna, yoga and meditation studio;
- A Resident Lounge with collaborative cooking and dining program, a fresh juicing station, private event space and an indoor/outdoor fireplace;
- An expansive outdoor terrace overlooking Sloan’s Lake Park with a 70-foot lap pool, a year-round hot tub, planted gardens and a firepit;
- An onsite Urban Farm with organic produce and herbs professionally managed by Agriburbia;
- A Sports Workshop with tools for repairs and seasonal tuning sessions for bikes, skis and snowboards created in partnership with the founders of Icelantic Skis;
- A Creative Workshop with multimedia supplies to support artistic pursuits;
- Extensive landscaping and biophilic design elements to enhance the human connection to nature; and
- Regular access to a team of wellness professionals and educational opportunities, including FIT36, Duality, and High Ride Cycle.
“Applying the WELL Building Standard to Lakehouse was instrumental in guiding our development decisions throughout design and construction,” Levitt continued. “Together, the team not only captured our collective passion for exceptional architecture and sustainable design, but we created an innovative model for multifamily communities that we hope will set a new standard for healthy living.”
“We know that the places where we live can have a tremendous impact on our health and wellness,” said IWBI Chief Commercial Officer Jessica Cooper. “WELL Precertification marks an important step in Lakehouse’s WELL journey and reinforces their commitment to creating a space that will prioritize the overall well-being of those who live there.”
Lakehouse was conceived by international architects Stantec and Muñoz + Albin. The iconic architecture blends glass, stone, steel and wood to complement the natural setting of Sloan’s Lake. The façade features a cascading waterfall of glass to enhance the stunning views of downtown Denver’s skyline, Sloan’s Lake and the Rocky Mountains.
GH Phipps Construction Companies managed construction of the 540,000-square foot mixed-use development and TRIO, a Denver-based design and visual merchandising firm, led design for the common areas. Local consulting firm NINE dot ARTS curated memorable art experiences for the community, including several custom pieces from local and international artists.
Images courtesy of NAVA Real Estate Development