DENVER — SMPS Colorado will be celebrating the achievements of Colorado’s top AEC firms and professionals at the chapter’s Marketing Excellence Awards event Thursday, March 7, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. The awards allow the chapter to recognize excellence in marketing communications by professional services firms in the design and construction industry.
The event’s committee chair, Samuel Leuck of JE Dunn Construction, says that the event is not only an evening of recognition, but also a great opportunity for networking at a fun venue, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. Attendees will have access to the museum’s gem and mineral exhibit before and after the awards ceremony. Additionally, there will be a photo booth, passed and standing appetizers, and two bar areas.
“The Marketing Excellence Awards are a great opportunity to see what people are doing in our industry and think about how you can elevate your own marketing. It’s a really fun time to be in marketing in the AEC industry,” said Leuck. “The event is also an excellent occasion to visit with people you know as well as make new connections in the industry.”
The awards portion of the evening will be emceed by 9NEWS Anchor Kristen Aguirre. While in the past the event had been emceed by AEC industry professionals, Leuck explained that this year the committee wanted to afford the event exposure beyond the AEC industry and looked to prominent figures in the Denver community.
This year, 43 entries were received for 23 categories including Advertising, Brand Awareness Campaign, Brochure, Corporate Identity, Direct-Mail Campaign, Holiday Piece, Internal Communications, Mobile App, Newsletter/Publication, Project Pursuit Marketing, Promotional Campaign, Recruitment and Retention Communications, Social Media, Special Event, Trade Show Marketing, Video and Website.
All first-place entries in all categories will be considered for the Best of Show Award. The Judging Panel will discuss entries collectively and present the Best in Show Award to the entry they feel best exemplifies marketing excellence.
This year’s judges are:
- Fanning Howey Chief Marketing Officer Karen Courtney, AIA, FSMPS, CPSM
- The Sextant Group Principal Craig Park, FSMPS, Associate AIA
- The BirdDog Team Partner Doug Parker, FSMPS, CPSM
- American Institute of Architects–Colorado (AIA CO) Marketing & Communications Manager
Marisa Pooley, APR
- TankGirl Marketing Lieutenant Leadership Barbara Shuck, FSMPS, CPSM
- RATIO Architects Principal Tony Steinhardt, FSMPS, CPSM
- Wallace Engineering Principal & Chief Marketing Officer Brad Thurman, PE, FSMPS, CPSM
- Urbina Strategies President & Chief Executive Officer Molly Urbina
- HNTB Director of Strategic Pursuits Nancy Usrey, FSMPS, CPSM
Additional awards include Marketer of the Year, Business Developer of the Year, Chapter Member of
the Year and the Leonardo Award.
Last year the event sold out, however, this year’s venue provides more space. If you have not registered for the event yet, register here.